Having a bad hair day!!!
Why is it we are never happy with what we have when it comes to our hair? I am always trying out new products, looking to find the perfect one! Here are a few tips for fine hair.
Eight top tips for fine hair
- It is best to wash your hair in the morning - fine hair is at its best when it is clean.
- When using a conditioner always make sure you use it from the middle of your hair down to the ends - applying conditioner to the roots will only weigh the hair down and make it flat.
- Styling products are great for fine hair. There are lots of products you can spray onto the roots of your hair to give it a boost. Hair dust is very good for giving roots volume - you don't want anything too heavy. Hair mousse is very good for adding volume, it acts by swelling the hair shaft which makes the hair look and feel thicker.
- When blow-drying the hair, tip your head upside down and blast the roots - this will give you extra root lift. Once the hair is 50% dry then style as normal.
- When blow-drying the hair always section it off. Start underneath by taking a section. Always allow the hair to cool before taking the next section. Choose a rounded hair brush with a metal barrel, these are very good because the metal barrel heats up quicker and acts as a heat conductor making blow-drying quicker, and giving a longer lasting result.
- Colouring fine hair can be a great idea. Adding 2-3 different shades will break up the base colour and make the hair look a lot thicker.
- There are also lots of styling appliances out there to help give that extra bit of extra volume.
- A few rows of hair extensions are always a good way to add that extra bit of volume.